- Noise, noise, noise. Fireworks, firecrackers, honking, as if people have accomplished something amazing, and are celebrating it. Dudes, even if you were not here, the New Year would have come anyhow, this is not thanks to you!
- Eat, eat, drink, drink, what is the pleasure of over eating and drinking, then you get sick for days, and often not even remember what you did, what a big deal and waste of money.
- People getting drunk, driving cars, causing accidents. Yeah, this is always the fault of the others, who are not handling alcohol, you are drunk, but you are sure that you can drive, the others thought the same.
- People, not needing to be drunk, and celebrating the new year, by burning others' cars. Because did you notice that guys burning cars, are NEVER burning their own cars, or the cars of their relatives.
- People's wishes: how many time, I hear, "I wish you a <anything>", So it means that on the other 346 days, they hope this <anything> goes wrong.
- Good resolutions: same than for wishes, I find this so silly when people are taking good resolutions on January 1st. Like for example, I'll stop smoking, I'll be polite, I'll be respectful, I'll do sports, etc. If they really want to do all this, why wait on January 1st? Why will it be less "good", to take these good resolutions any other day of the year? Sounds like a superior force is required that you make these good resolution on this particular day, otherwise they will not be realized. My ass, 90% of good resolutions will not be kept anyhow. So this is bullshit and hypocrisy. If you want to stop smoking, then stop now, and don't say, I'll wait for the New Year, because it sound better, or I'll wait for Monday. If you want to stop, you stop.
- I don't see in which way January 1st is so rare, that it deserves so much attention. February 29th is much more rare, and no one minds! January 1st is just an arbitrary date, chosen for an unknown reason and everybody venerates this!
That being said, Happy New Year anyhow, and I am going to work, because yes, there are people working to make the world continue to spin, -AJ
January 01, 2015 (4 years ago)
sounds like u have issues about a celebration
February 10, 2016 (3 years ago)
Oh, Jack, come on! New Years is fun! I rarely celebrate it outside, but the one time I did, it was awesome! I actually want to a BAR! I had one expensive drink that I nursed for two hours that I didn't pay for(yay ,me!), and I talked with a gorgeous older man, and I was actually THIN at the time, and it was snowing so pretty...I had a wonderful time Jack. I guess I should admit--this was the ONLY time I ever went out on New Years, yeah, it was special. Maybe you and I will meet up one night and have that one drink🙂
by: Still Sarah
February 12, 2016 (3 years ago)
Dude?? When you get older you will have an appreciation for the passage of time you do not have now. And remember, the people you are ragging on represent only 10, or maybe 15 % of the populace at most. If it is more than that, you live in a bad neighborhood.
March 20, 2017 (2 years ago)